Kindergarten From A to Z
Managing Your Classroom and Curriculum With Purpose and Confidence (An all-inclusive guide to enriching the learning experiences of kindergarten classrooms)
Alan J. Cohen
Kindergarten is a vital time in a child's life, often serving as the foundation for future education. Inside this all-inclusive guide, you will find everything you need to fully support your eager young learners. Rely on the book's ample advice and strategies, as well as literacy and mathematics guidance, to help build or refine your teaching toolkit and make the most of every kindergartener's experience.
Use this resource to successfully manage your kindergarten classroom's curriculum and increase learning for all:
- Understand how to weed through a curriculum and make it work for a particular class.
- Explore the mindset and skills one needs to have to be an effective teacher.
- Learn how to set up a classroom that maximizes the learning experience.
- Acquire effective solutions to real-world problems that kindergarten teachers encounter in their practice.
- Discover methods of behavioral management and conflict defusal among kindergarteners.
- Dive into the foundations of literacy and mathematics to understand how best to teach the topics.
Table of Contents
About the Author
Part I: Clarity in the Classroom
Chapter 1: Knowing that Teaching Starts in the Mind
Chapter 2: Working With Administration and Making Curriculum Work for You
Chapter 3: Preparing Your Classroom and Yourself
Chapter 4: Employing Practical Class Management
Chapter 5: Resolving Conflict and Planning Routines
Chapter 6: Managing Whole-Group and Choice Time
Chapter 7: Making Schedules, Charts, and Plans
Part II: Clarity in Literacy and Mathematics
Chapter 8: Teaching Literacy
Chapter 9: Teaching Mathematics
References and Resources